Skip to main content
Keeping Your Family Safe In Aquatics
General Pool Guidelines
- Respect the lifeguard on duty and the rules of this facility for your safety and enjoyment.
- Rough or boisterous play is not permitted.
- Inappropriate language is not permitted.
- Running is not allowed on the pool deck or in the locker rooms.
- Persons with a communicable disease which could be transmitted through use of the pool, is not permitted to use the pool.
- People with open wounds could be at a risk of infection and are recommended not to use the pool.
- Persons with infectious medical conditions, should refrain from use of the pool.
- Proper attire, including swim diapers for infants, is required prior to entering the pool.
- Use of age and gender appropriate changing areas is encouraged.
- Alcohol, food, and gum are not allowed in the pool enclosure.
- Glassware and similar material with a tendency to shatter on impact is not allowed in the pool enclosure.
- Lifeguard on duty is responsible for approving all toys and equipment prior to use in the pool.
- All YMCA provided pool toys and equipment must remain at the pool facility.
- Lifeguard on duty is responsible for approving usage of YMCA provided equipment.
- Domestic animals are not permitted in the pool enclosure, showers, or dressing rooms.
- No hanging from rim or net of the basketball hoop.
- Use of YMCA aquatic play structures or equipment in a way other than intended is not permitted.
- Diving is not allowed except in water 9 feet deep.
- Inflatable flotation devices are not permitted in the pool.
- Roped off areas of the pool are usable only if permitted by the lifeguard on duty.
- Children 7-15 years of age must have a YMCA provided water test wristband or be accompanied by a parent/guardian that remains in the pool facility, to swim independently.
- Children 7-9 years of age must have a parent/guardian present within the YMCA building.
- Children 6 years of age and younger must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian that remains within arm’s reach of their children at all times.
- Persons refusing to obey rules are subject to removal from the premises
- Giant Slide operates only at scheduled times.
- Height requirement is 48”.
- Only one person allowed at a time.
- Participants must enter slide feet first and seated.
- Swimmers must immediately exit area at base of slide after completion.
- Area at base of slide must be clear of objects and people before entering.
- Approval from the lifeguard on duty is needed before using Giant Slide.
- Objects of any kind may not be carried while using Giant Slide.
Hot Tub Guidelines
- Prohibited to persons with a communicable disease or anyone who has been ill with vomiting or diarrhea within the prior two weeks.
- Pregnant women, persons with heart disease, diabetes, or high or low blood pressure, are recommended not to use the Hot Tub unless advised by a physician.
- You must be 16 years of age or older to use the Hot Tub.
- Soak time of more than 15 minutes per interval, could result in nausea, dizziness, or fainting.
- Children 15 years of age and under are not allowed on Hot Tub blue tiles.