GET ACTIVE, FEEL ENERGIZED
EnhanceFitness (EF) is an evidence-based group exercise arthritis and falls prevention program that helps older adults at all levels of fitness become more active, energized, and empowered.
THIS CLASS IS PROVEN TO
- Improve physical function
- Decrease depression
- Protect against falls and fall injury
- Provide a social benefit
- Promote a physically active lifestyle
- Reduce medical care utilization costs
- Decrease unplanned hospitalizations
- Decrease mortality rates
January 15 - May 3
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- First Lutheran Church
- Free for members and non-members
Registration opens January 1.
This program is made possible through funding from the Older Americans Act of 1965, under a contract with the Minnesota Board on Aging.
MEET THE INSTRUCTORS
- Teaches Enhance Fitness and Evidence-Based Classes
- Enjoys gardening, both vegetable and flowers. She inherited her “green thumb” from her dad. She also loves music is also a huge part of my life. She has played piano since she was 6. Her favorite artists are Grateful Dead and Prince
- "Teaching Enhance Fitness is such a joy for me, because of the participants in my classes. Seeing the true results of what this Evidence-Based group exercise curriculum has done for people, is absolutely amazing. This class isn’t just about the exercise, it’s about the friendships that are formed between people as well."
- Teaches Enhance Fitness, TRX and Stay Fit
- Enjoys traveling with her husband, jumping on her paddleboard in the summer and exploring all our great lakes, and especially loves the one-on-one time I get with our YMCA members and my personal training clients.
- "I hear such great stories from our participants about how much group fitness classes are a huge part of their life, not only for the exercise but the relationships they have created with others. My participants are the people that inspire me, and I feel blessed that I get to teach daily!"