THE Y IS PROUD TO BE A COMMUNITY LEADER IN HEALTH AND SAFETY.
When you visit the Y, some of the first things you’ll notice are the practices we’ve put in place to help our members and guests stay healthy, active, and safe. Contactless check-in, significant disinfecting of equipment, and ample places to sanitize and wash hands are just a few of the measures we’re taking.
Please review the full list of protocols below. This information is subject to change at any time.
Our focus is maintaining safe YMCA membership, child care, programming and health and wellness operations, while adjusting mitigation strategies given local data from the CDC’s Data Tracker. YMCA Leadership meets on a weekly basis to consider the data and implement any changes to our mitigation measures.
Masks are strongly encouraged for members, guests, and participants 12 years or older when moving around the building. Face shields are an appropriate substitute for those who cannot wear a mask due to medical reasons.
Important note: Members, guests, participants, and staff will not be asked to provide proof of vaccination upon entry to the Y; however, we ask that the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility remain central as you consider your visits to the Y.
WHAT THE Y IS DOING
- Self check-in AND out: Members will be asked to self check-in and self check-out using their YMCA membership card. This allows for limited contact entry.
- Enhanced cleaning: In addition to frequent cleaning and disinfecting of areas and equipment,
- Physical distancing: All areas in the Y have been evaluated and re-configured, where necessary, to ensure members maintain 6 feet of physical distance between themselves and others. Where space allows, fitness equipment has been configured to maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
- Day passes: Are available at this time.
- Age requirements: Anyone 10 and under must have a parent with them in the building.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Clean equipment before and after use. Reduce the risk of exposure by wiping equipment down before and after your workout. Additional disinfecting sprays and paper towels have been placed throughout the building for your convenience.
- Wear a face covering. A face covering is not required but is strongly encouraged while moving around the building.
- Make a reservation. Reservations are required for some programs and specific areas of the building.
- Wash your hands before and after each activity.