THE Y IS PROUD TO BE A COMMUNITY LEADER IN HEALTH AND SAFETY.
When you visit the Y, some of the first things you’ll notice are the practices we’ve put in place to help our members and guests stay healthy, active, and safe. Contactless check-in, significant disinfecting of equipment, and ample places to sanitize and wash hands are just a few of the measures we’re taking.
Please review the full list of protocols below. This information is subject to change at any time.
Our focus is maintaining safe YMCA membership, child care, programming and health and wellness operations, while adjusting mitigation strategies given local data from the CDC’s Data Tracker. YMCA Leadership meets on a weekly basis to consider the data and implement any changes to our mitigation measures.
Face masks are optional for staff, members, guests, and participants who visit the YMCA for programming.
Important note: Members, guests, participants, and staff will not be asked to provide proof of vaccination upon entry to the Y; however, we ask that the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility remain central as you consider your visits to the Y.
WHAT THE Y IS DOING
- Self check-in AND out: Members will be asked to self check-in and self check-out using their YMCA membership card. This allows for limited contact entry.
- Enhanced cleaning: In addition to frequent cleaning and disinfecting of areas and equipment,
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Clean equipment before and after use. Reduce the risk of exposure by wiping equipment down before and after your workout. Additional disinfecting sprays and paper towels have been placed throughout the building for your convenience.
- Make a reservation. Reservations are required for some programs and specific areas of the building.
- Wash your hands before and after each activity.